Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stumbling

As I sit here on a rooftop terrace in Rome, I cannot help but wonder what an amazing opportunity I have been given.  I have already been here seven hours and it still doesn't feel real.  I am just patiently waiting for my a-ha moment.

Today I had my first meal in Italy.  Myself and few other students stumbled upon this tiny little pizza shop.  I predict that my fondest memories of this experience will be a result of stumbling.  I had gnocchi al gorgonzola.  Needless to say, it was excellent.  Afterwards, we stopped and had some cafe and then once again we began to stumble.  

Aaron and I decided to go for a walk and this is what we found...The Vatican.


Later, on a walking tour of Rome, we even found a man playing Jingle Bells with glasses of water.  I am looking forward to seeing what else I stumble upon in my next four months here.



    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
             ~Ralph Waldo Emerson




No comments:

Post a Comment