Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bed Bugs, Red Meat and Toiletries: Oh My!

So when I arrived in Rome, I realized my duffel bag strap was ripped off, my zipper was open and my stuff was stolen.  Not a good way to begin this trip.  It seemed that only my liquid soap, moose, and hair product were stolen.  Fair enough; these are things I can replace...sort of.  La famacia was having a sale on soap, so that was great!  Later in the day I unpacked my things and realized even more than I anticipated was stolen.  They also stole my razor inserts.  Again, another random item that is not in Italy.  Here's the kicker, they also stole (wait for it) ...my bag of tampons.  Have fun with that one.  Don't steal my Coach wristlest, but let's go for the bag of tampons.  Logical thinking, no?  Later in the night as I was brushing my teeth with my travel size toothpast I thought to myself that I wish I had brought more.  Then I remembered, "Oh wait, I brought a big tube of of Crest 3D express toothpaste (I wanted my teeth extra white for Italy, so I splurged!).  Then I realized that was amongst the many other random toiletries that were stolen from my luggage.  Now I draw the line at toothpaste!  You don't steal my cool travel case filled with q-tips, but you steal my toothpaste?!

As the day continued, so did my bad luck.  We went out to a group dinner which was excellent; however, the main course was red meat.  I have not had that in forever; I am just not a huge fan of it.  I thought I would just have a bite.  Big mistake.  By the end of the night I was sick as a dog.  I finally felt better and my roommate at the hotel, Maggie, came back.  She thought she had bed bugs, but it turned out she was just allergic to the laundry detergent the hotel was using.  What a crazy day!  Only in Roma!






   "Life is all about making memories, so go ahead and make them."
        ~Anoynmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment