Sunday, April 1, 2012

Assisi

Saturday we took a day trip with our program to Assisi.  Assisi was a place that was on my to-do list, so I was very excited to go!  We started out the day with the usual...church hopping.  Learning about one church and then another, and seeing the unique beauty that each one had to offer.  After we visited the churches, the rest of the day was ours to do whatever we wanted.  Megan, Julia, and I decided to visit the castle, do a little postcard shopping, and then spend the rest of the day gawking over the chocolate shops.  I usually can fight the urge; however, when I saw they had chocolate covered coffee beans (which are my absolute favorite), I couldn't resist!  All in all, I would say this was an extremely successful day trip!















      "For it is in giving that we receive."
             ~St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment