Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Snowy Day in Roman Town

Our anticipated departure for Tuscany was Saturday, February 3rd at 8:00 a.m.  The previous day we got, what Italy considers, a little snow storm...so like two-three inches.  I woke up the previous day for class at 7:15 only to find out that class had been moved to 11:00 a.m.  I knew when I woke up that the dorm was alarmingly quiet-not a noise in the whole place...that was odd.  I know the architecture kids were gone, but this was freakishly quiet. 

Today, Saturday, I woke up at 7:25, and again the dorm was really quiet.  I thought to myself, "I will learn my lesson from yesterday.  I better turn on my cell phone; I probably have a message from Dr. Dawson.  What do you know, I was right!  It is funny that this is the second day I was the last to find out.  Yesterday I even ate breakfast before realizing that class had been postponed.  My belief is that when I sleep, my technology should sleep as well.  There is no need for it to be on. (Well I guess there is).

Turns out that our Saturday departure has been cancelled due to the snow.  I am a little disappointed but I guess I'll just head back to bed.  Night. Night.





    "A lot of people like snow.  I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water."
                ~Carl Reiner


No comments:

Post a Comment